The Dark Within the Light (remake) The Dark Within the Light (remake)

well, that's my opinion.

fuck the haters.

Losing Control Losing Control

fantastic melody and chord progression.

Frozen Words Frozen Words

your best song.

Mary had a Little Lamb (Sweeping Version) Mary had a Little Lamb (Sweeping Version)

this is beautiful!

Next To You Next To You

Love it!

Great melody. Your midi translation sounds realistic.

Depending on the result you're going for, I would suggest maybe lowering the volume of the piano. The distorted sound really adds to it though! I say throw on an overdrive with a tad bit of distortion, just a TINY bit. If you were to add in some long violin articulations behind the piano would also help with giving a bit of lift.

Novatium responds:

I'm glad you loved it
Thanks for your suggestions, I will take them into account in the future.
Greetings.

(Nothing) In Return (Nothing) In Return

this is really interesting sound design man, keep at it!

CCHands responds:

Thanks bud!

Blank Banshee - Dreamcast Blank Banshee - Dreamcast

very nice atmosphere in this one. clearly mixed. 5 stars by NG standards.

BlankBott responds:

Thanks for your Review! Means a lot! (:

B0UNC3 - Paradise on E[Fi B0UNC3 - Paradise on E[Fi

awesome song.

Tidal Forces (NG Mix) Tidal Forces (NG Mix)

I hear some slight technicalities...

but this is NG and here, in this place, people are less concerned with quality of mixing and mastering and more with the melody, so my grading above me will reflect that xD...

however, I wanna be helpful so here are my tips.

1. your bassline.

you've got the essential patterns down but there's some slight problems with clarity you should look out for. I'm gonna lay them out in this post though so no worries. your bassline itself is too wide, although this might sound like a good idea, it's actually not a good mixing practice and can muddy up the mix, causing you to lose focus on important aspects of the song. there's no real "rules" for a proper bassline but I can give you some guidelines on how I do mine.

sub bass - this should be a sine wave oscillator with a LP filter cutoff to roughly 150Hz - 300Hz. it shouldn't be panned or stereo separated at all. this signal should be completely mono and should peak at *roughly* -5 db but keep in mind that these numbers are all estimates. you don't have to but I do like to sidechain my sub bass to my kick, just to ensure you don't have conflicting low frequencies going at once (which can muddy up the mix)

mid bass - this is, imo, the most important of the three bassline layers because it is the one that gives the most drive. you should also have this one be pretty mono, so yeah no panning it. and it should be pretty powerful sounding, with a rolling pattern in this style of music you're going for. HP filter should be applied to it so the lower frequencies don't mess with your sub bass. keep in mind that conflicting frequencies are a BAD thing to have in a given mix. especially in the lower end. so keeping things separated with the eq is a good idea.

high bass - this one is the most fun imo cause you can do whatever you want with this one practically, imagination really comes into play with this bass. HP filer should be applied, same as the mid bass but with a higher cutoff value. some velocity edits on the cutoff are helpful as well to make the bass more "lively" and stand out against the other two basses more. stereo separation shold be a about mid way on this one. you want it to sound fat but you DON'T want it to mess with your other sounds so getting the right amount of width is highly important.

2. levels.... watch those limiters dude, not sure what it was I was hearing in this track but a lot of the sounds were sounding fuzzy, and if I were to take a guess I'd say it was cause you had too much compression taking place. the way I like to think of it, your kick should stand out from the rest of the mix so it should be the LOUDEST thing in your track besides maybe a lead instrument or vocals. bassline is debatable but your sub bass should be loud enough to stand over the other elements. it shouldn't have to fight its way to the top, that's why you turn everything else down. but really, it's all relative. every mixing job is different so you really just gotta play it by ear and keep developing your taste. eventually you'll pick up on what sounds what way and you can then make better choices in the mixing process.

3. EQ - too many highs going at once. this mix is kinda shrill and harsh, many of the highs are difficult to focus on because of all the mids that are fighting over each other for a place at the top. the way I like to think of eq... here is my analogy....

so you've got a box (audio spectrum). you have items(sounds) that you fit in the box, but you only have so much room. eventually you're gonna run out fo space. and this will result in everything getting stuffed together. sooooooo in order to make more room for thing, cut away the unneeded frequencies from stuff you won't be using. so for example you put a HP filter on a bass so it doesn't clash with your sub. or you use stereo separation to make some items stand out more. (btw, more stereo separation results in a louder sound, so just keep that in mind when working with levels)

4. reverb. lower it. you had way too much in this track. remember, a clear mix is the goal in mind here ;)

no more space left...

Sift - Fiji + Alias Pharow Sift - Fiji + Alias Pharow

sweetness

sounds great, excellent job both of you. why you uploadn' dis shit here?